“Media Outreach services” means the press release distribution services, media monitorig services and other associated or similar media related services offered by Media Outreach from time to time.
“personal data” means data relating directly or indirectly to a living individual from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained.
“you” and “your” includes any person who accesses the Website and submits personal data.
Our Commitment to Privacy
The Types of Information We Collect
When you visit the Website, we may collect two types of information from you: personal data you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and the Website user information collected on an aggregate basis as you browse the Website.
A. Personal Data
The types of personal data we may collect from you include your name, e-mail address and other contact information, and information related to occupation and your company and/or employer. A more complete description of the types of personal data to be collected will be set out in the form where you are asked to input the personal data.
The supply of personal data is voluntary except for those data specified as obligatory. Failure to supply such obligatory data may result in our being unable to provide or continue to provide the Website and/or the Media Outreach services to you.
B. Website User Information
The Website utilizes web server logs and uses a standard technology called “cookies”, which are small text files that are stored on users’ computers for record-keeping purposes. Information gathered by using web server logs and cookies may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at the Website, and the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting the Website. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with the Website, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, you may not be able to access certain parts of the Website.
We may also log IP addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
The Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
Broadly speaking, we collect and use personal data for purposes of administering our business activities and the performance of the Media Outreach services. To these ends, we collect and use personal data in order to achieve the following:
- To enable us to provide the Media Outreach services to you and to our clients;
- To distribute press-releases and other materials;
- To enable journalists and media organisations interested in receiving press-releases and other materials (“Correspondents”) to register with us for participation in our Media Outreach services;
- To establish, maintain, utilise and license a database of Correspondents (“Media Database”);
- To improve the Website; and
- For any directly related purpose.
We retain personal data so long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes mentioned above (including any directly related purposes).
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Any of our subsidiaries, affiliate and associate corporations, successors and/or assignees;
- Any of our service providers or professional advisors;
- Payment processing companies, banks, and other financial institutions, in connection with the collection of payments;
- Any person under a duty of confidentiality to us; and
- Any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in any jurisdiction to which we are subject;
In addition to the foregoing, we may also provide personal data of Correspondents to:
- Recipients of the Media Outreach services; and
- Licensees from time to time of the Media Database.;
Notices of New Services
Occasionally we may use personal data to notify you about changes to the Website and/or the Media Outreach services, and new services and offers that we think will be of interest to you. If you do receive such promotional notifications, you will always be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers in the future. If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct mailings, you may send us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your personal data is important to us. We take all practicable steps in accordance with the requirements of the Hong Kong Personal Data Privacy Ordinance (CAP 486) to protect the personal data we collect against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and therefore, without prejudice to our obligation above, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of personal data during such transmission.
Personal Data Access Requests
You may contact us at any time in order to:
- check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such personal data;
- require us to correct any inaccurate data relating to you; and
- be told about our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
You may address data access or correction requests, and questions or complaints to Administrator at email@example.com. We will handle all such enquiries within a reasonable time. We may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.